Thursday, July 21, 2011

Toy Fads from my childhood days


Voltez V. The robot which captivated the hearts of many 70's children. I can vividly remember I was in grade school then and when my classmates brings with them a 12" tall Voltez V. I am literally drooling in envy. As we were very poor that time, trying to buy that toy is like sacrificing our family's food for an entire month. We were so poor that I contented myself with watching that robot in the display window of our small community store whenever I had the chance.



That toy was the ultimate dream for every kid of my age that time. We spent long hours watching the animated TV series of Voltez V. had it been a food, we literally chew it from breakfast till dinner. That's how loco we where. Even just having a t-shirt with the voltez V picture on it is already considered cool.


I remember sometime during the late 1990's and early 2000 some crazy thirty something people of my age born on that Voltez V era actually thought of and tried to revive the childhood fantasy. But as time would have its way. it did not pick up and eventually the dream vanished silently behind the noise and hype of later model transformers, gundams and other modern robot icons of the internet era.


The famous adage that time was....Let's Volt In!

Powered by Plinky

No comments:

Post a Comment