Saturday, June 25, 2011

If I could speak to a loved one who has passed

Two In Love

My mother...I wish I could turn back the time to speak to her. Hours before she collapsed and went into coma she was calling me on my phone. I was on the middle of a business meeting and I was unable to take her call. I sent a text message that I would return her call as soon as I get out of the meeting. But the meeting got overly late and I failed to call her back.



The next ring of my phone came from my brother who broke the news that my mom was rushed to the hospital. I could have ran and went to where she is that moment but I passed the night and went the next morning.


Upon arrival at the hospital, I had the full day of watching her from a distance because she's inside the ICU and in a state of coma. I kept on praying that she would open her eyes and talk to me so that I can say sorry to her for ignoring her call. But it did not happen.


By night time, she went into multiple heart attacks and the doctors tried their very best to revive her. One doctor ordered me to buy a certain medicine at that moment and I ran with all my might to the pharmacy and got back to where she is in no time but I was too late... she left without saying goodbye.. I failed her twice and I almost put the blame on myself for everything that happened to her. I wasn't able to ask for forgiveness.


If I could speak to her, I would say sorry and I will tell her how much I love her. The latter is the word I failed to convey to my mother when she was still alive. Had I told her those words, I'm very sure that she would be the happiest mother on earth. But I did not do it and I feel so ashamed and guilty.


How I wish I reciprocated her love for me in ways that she did to me unconditionally. I have this very bad habit of holding back my feelings to the people who I love and I learned a real hard lesson...


Show your love and tell that person how much you love her/him while you have the time because you will never know what will happen next... do it NOW an you'll never regret it.

Powered by Plinky

No comments:

Post a Comment